That's a juicy cantaloupe. (Oh forgive me for probably spelling that wrong - spell check doesn't work for me in Picasa!) Anyway... You can never have too many photos. The zillion photos I have of Joe eating are all priceless including these from a few weeks ago. Joe decided to devour all this fruit in one sitting!!!
Joseph has been very busy lately growing and learning. His speech is just exploding lately. He tries to say everything he hears now and knows and says words now without us prompting him to say them. Like he started pulling a little toy wagon around and he was saying something.... it wasn't wagon.... but when I looked inside I realized he was saying "sticks" because that's what was inside the wagon. We can't always understand him but he knows what he's saying and it just takes us a second to figure it out. I can't believe how quickly he's learning to talk. He's also been learning his colors. Right now he probably knows the color red best. He's learning the colors but he's also learning to sign them. I was kind of thinking he wasn't ready for this after a week of talking about colors and watching Box of Crayons episode of Signing Time. I was about to take a break and "come back to it later" when I walked in the room and put on a red shirt and he just pronounced, "RED!" and pointed at my shirt. So I got confirmation that he is in fact getting it. He likes the sign for "orange" because it's just like signing milk except you are squeezing an orange under your chin and not a cow for milk, haha. He, like Amanda, amaze me all the time and while they are hard work, it's certainly rewarding.

No comments:
Post a Comment