Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Exporing My Pampered Chef Cookbook


I'm trying something new....not sure how long this will last. I have all these cook books and I've decided to start at page one in one of them and just make every recipe in it. So the cookbook I chose is one of the Pampered Chef cookbooks, 29 Minutes to Dinner.  The first night was last night and I made curried chicken with cous cous. I wasn't expecting this to be a hit with the family but Robert actually liked it a lot. I was actually thinking I wouldn't even like it, but it actually was pretty tasty. I cooked the recipe with no modifications including the raisins even though I can't stand raisins. I figured they'd be a good selling point for the kids. The kids weren't a fan of this meal, but I think it had more do with too many snacks before dinner, because it had all the makings of a meal they like - cous cous which is a lot like rice, chicken and a sauce. They love sauces. It was my first time cooking with coconut milk which was super easy and made for a nice and no-fuss sauce. I would definitely make this again.

No comments: