Wednesday, July 21, 2010

No Chef Recipe Tonight

So tonight I skipped the pampered chef recipe to make things I already had in my kitchen - tortellini and garlic bread. But I wanted to share with you all that I am happily grating my own cheese again. This is something we always did when I was growing up - my dad would get big blocks of Asiago cheese.   I would grate and grate and grate filling up multiple containers of pyrex containers with lids. And so my obsession with cheese and lids was born. It's actually cheaper to get grate your own in this case of Costco cheese. You get more for your dollar when you grate your own. But it's then imperative to have a good kitchen tool for the grating - and that's where my PC tie-in comes in. I love their new and improved grater. It's way ahead of the ones I used when I was a kid. 

No comments: