Monday, July 16, 2007

Signing Progress

As many of you know, I've been trying to teach Joseph some sign language to ease our toddler frustration so he can "use his words" even when he isn't quite speaking yet. It's been a frustrating on and off journey with teaching the signs and I'm the one who often forgets. However, lately he's been getting really consistant at signing "milk" which is great. My goal is that he'll sign "milk" instead of grabbing my shirt or worse... giving a show to someone unsuspecting! The other two signs I've been trying to teach is "more" and "food" (same as "eat".) It'd be great if he could show me if he wants milk or is actually hungry and wants to eat. The sign "more" seems a bit easier and I think he started signing it today. His signs are slightly altered from the actual sign and I think he's signing more by pointing one finger onto the palm of his other hand (instead of bringing all of his finger tips together.) I get really excited whenever he signs and today has been a really good signing day!

Here's my favorite signing program...check it out....

http://www.signingtime.com/

No comments: