Thursday, July 19, 2007

Leaps and Bounds

Joseph continues to amaze me. The toddler phase is full of new things everday and each thing is like this little treat and now I'm always wondering what's next! Since I posted last, he has started signing "more" all the time and he's actually abondoned the sign for milk, but I hope it will return when the excitement of knowing how to ask for "more" wears off. He has modified the sign for more and instead of his finger tips together, he points one finger into his other open palm. That's okay for now... we'll fine tune things later! The next sign I'd like him to learn is actually "potty."

He has been running after he gets his bottom cleaned to this one spot and going pee on the floor! So this morning, after his bottom was cleaned, he started running and I asked him if he was going to go pee. And instead of running to the spot under the coffee table where he had been "marking his territory" he ran to the bathroom and sat on his potty chair. Unfortunately he didn't actually go pee in the chair... but that was a pretty neat thing. I don't want to push it, but I think that's a big step in readiness and I want to pick up Elizabeth Pantley's guide to potty-training very soon before I lose any windows of opportunity.

Another big developement is BIG BOY SHOES! I bought him some big boy tennis shoes at Target and he hated to have them on. Robeez were okay but not these big shoes. So today we ran into our one year old friend Kyle, who was wearing his new Crocs with elastic backing to go around the ankle. So off we went to Joy-Pers to see if Joseph would like these better. At first he was not liking them at all. We tried on another "soft" shoe to ease him into it and after he walked in those, we switched to the Crocs. He was so busy terrorizing the shoes in the store, he forgot the shoes were on and so we bought his first big boy shoes!








No comments: