Thursday, February 3, 2011

Binder progress


Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5
I recently decided to take part in a weekly home organizing challenge. The first challenge is to create a home management binder. Initially I was excited but as I started to assemble my binder, I started feel a bit of frustration wondering if I'd actually use this thing or not. I especially wondered about it since my phone has all of these apps for this and that. It's the first challenge though so I did not want to give up before even starting so I pressed on knowing that I am the type of person that likes to give everything (and everyone) a fair chance. It's a few days in to having my work-in-progress binder and I have to say I am loving it. It's been most helpful in the meal planning and grocery list making department and so far, I have found the the folder will be awesome for storing (and actually using) my coupons. This is where I got my FREE meal plan form and I love it!
Here are some of the categories for my binder (keep in mind I have a home based business):
Calendar (monthly)
Schedules (so far just contains pre-school help schedule)
General School Info
Fundraisers (something near and dear to my heart)
Sharing (fliers to give out or post in community)
Debt Tracker (business related)
Catalog Follow Up List (business related)
Hostess Tracker (business related)

I know I will think of other categories to add as I go, but so far I am loving this binder. I think I need a divider for some type of to-do list, but I already have a goal notepad where I keep my to-do list. Not sure if I'll combine these. Just like me, it's all a work in progress!

No comments: