Thursday, August 12, 2010

Brown Butter Tortellini

I could get used to eating Spinach this way.  Wow - this one was something I could do again. Usually we make tortellini the same old way every time - cook it and throw some red sauce on top - maybe a meat sauce and maybe with some bread. sometimes it gets very boring. This was a great recipe for doing something different with that store bought tortellini. Also the diced ham was a great meat to add in. I get the ham steaks at Costco - no nitrates - and it's a lean meat that I wouldn't normally think to use with pasta since we so commonly use ground beef. The red bell peppers were good with it too.  I'm glad I've opened up with the red bell peppers. Funny though because the kids will eat them raw, but when I diced them in this meal, they picked them out. If I dice them with scrambled eggs though, they do get eaten. Funny how kids are...  funny how we all are....

No comments: