Thursday, August 2, 2007

Food Glorious Food!

In honor of my recent blog discovery, I want to post about some recent meals we've done but haven't had time to write about...


These are my frozen yogurt pops. Above are mashed ripe fresh bananas. I always buy too many bananas. Here's a good idea for those bananas you need to use...
I mix in plain yogurt. This Stonyfield organic yogurt is made with whole milk. I found it at Safeway but I'm sure most major super markets carry it! Just mix well ... and....
Freeze in ice cube trays and serve in a mesh feeder. I know my little one can eat these without the mesh feeder but I still like to use it because it's less messy. Yum... a great treat everytime. I just did some blueberry ones yesterday... My only tip on blueberries is to use a fine strainer because the little seeds and skins get caught in the mesh feeder and are a pain to clean!

2 comments:

Elisa said...

Hi, there! Thanks for linking to us. I buy that yogurt for my 15 month old, too. I was buying yobaby but decided it was cheaper this way. I bet those frozen banana yogurt cubes would make a great smoothie!

Acrimony said...

Great idea with the bananas. My middle son (he's 7) LOVES bananas and we always have a few extra that go bad and sometimes I make banana bread but with it being so dreadfully hot I am going to have to try this and toss them in those popsicle things!