Last night we had friends and family over to play poker. It was somewhat of a hodge podge of food selection. I haven't been feeling well and didn't have the energy to go "all out."
Growing up though, I have three food memories that stick out. These memories are outside the normal turkey and stuffing dinners. I always remember my family would always have spinach dip served in a sourdough bread bowl. It was yummy...surrounded with bread pieces all around for dipping. I also remember that my mom/grandma would always make celery sticks covered in peanut butter. It seems like a simple fun kids snack, but in our family this was a holiday side dish that was always present at Thanksgiving and Christmas. The other thing that was always out on the table for snacking before the big dinner was a bowl of black olives - a party staple I always like to do to this day.
I wish I had photos from those holidays growing up - photos of the food! And I wish I knew how my grandma made her spinach dip. When I serve it, I always get it store bought, but I'd like to make my own someday!
THANK YOU! – carseatblog.com is for sale
-
Over 18 years ago, CarseatBlog was launched. Kecia joined Heather and I the
following year, when we began regularly blogging and publishing reviews at
our ...
5 weeks ago


No comments:
Post a Comment