Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Swedish Meatballs

So I'm going to be trying this recipe today... I love Swedish Meatballs but have never tried making my own. This is a pretty easy recipe but I need easy in these
stressful times!!

Crockpot Swedish meatballs with mushrooms, gravy, spices, and noodles, along with sour cream and seasonings.
INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 jars (12 ounces each) beef gravy, or 3 cups prepared brown gravy
  • 1 pound sliced mushrooms
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 large onion, cut in chunks
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice
  • 2 pounds frozen meatballs, thawed
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
  • 12 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained

PREPARATION:
Sauté mushrooms in butter until tender. In crockpot, combine mushrooms, gravy, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and allspice. Stir meatballs into the sauce. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours. Gradually stir about 1/2 cup of the hot gravy mixture into the sour cream.

Stir the sour cream mixture into the slow cooker mixture. Serve meatballs over hot buttered noodles.Serves 8 to 10.

p.s. I got this recipe from www.about.com

No comments: